Print ISSN: 0524-1685
Peer Review Process
- All manuscripts received by the editor are sent to at least three reviewers who are subject matter experts. Reviewer comments and recommendations are strongly considered when making a decision about whether to accept or reject a manuscript for publication.
- The Bovine Practitioner uses a double-blinded review process, whereby the reviewer does not know the identity of the author and vice versa.
- Every effort is made to screen reviewers to minimize chances of conflict of interest.
- Reviewers recommend to either 1) accept, 2) accept with minor revision, 3) revise and resubmit the manuscript for a second review, or 4) to reject a manuscript.
- The final decision to accept or reject a manuscript is the responsibility of the Editor.
- A list of the Review Board members is published annual in the Summer issue of The Bovine Practitioner.